Memo Regarding the Paseo Gateway Choice Neighborhoods Program Response to COVID-19
In response to the emergency declaration by the Mayor of Kansas City, Missouri regarding COVID-19, the Paseo Gateway Choice Neighborhoods program will be engaging in the following measures until the emergency is lifted:
- All meetings of the Paseo Gateway Advisory Council and its committees are canceled. Chris Harden-McKinney will notify members of conference call arrangements.
- All meetings of the Paseo Gateway Choice Neighborhoods Implementation Team are canceled. These will be carried out at their regular monthly times by conference call.
- Case management for former Chouteau Courts families will continue through phone calls rather than home visits.
- The Paseo Gateway Choice Neighborhoods housing developments – Rose Hill Townhomes, Pendleton Flats, Pendleton ArtsBlock, Quinlan Row, and Quinlan Place will be increasing the cleaning and disinfecting of public areas of the buildings. Additional measures will be communicated directly to residents.
- The Urban Land Institute’s (ULI) Technical Assistance Panel (TAP) session to discuss the future of the Chouteau Court / Belvidere Park site planned for April has been rescheduled for September.
- Programming at the 555 Olive Center – The United Way will suspend all programming at the 555 Olive Center through April 24th, 2020. These measures will be re-evaluated, and further guidance will be issued to partner agencies at the 555 Olive Center on or before April 24th, which is the current end of the citywide State of Emergency.
United Way remains in communication with all 555 Olive Center partners regarding the impact of this health crisis to their respective participants, families, neighbors and community partners. This includes the support of creative and innovative alternative ways to engage families -specifically children involved with programs – during this period. Please direct any questions to: Kirk Proctor, Project Director United Way, 816-237-9934, firstname.lastname@example.org